St Matthews Church

Architects, Cultural, Civic & Community

This unbuilt scheme is for a large Community Church Centre next to the original St Matthews (Glass) Church which, for the first time since 1954, would have its flank wall revealed. The new Church Centre comprises of a simple pre-cast dolomite white, concrete colonnaded envelope wrapped around a glass structure. The architectural language has classical references, but is confidently modern in in a quiet sort of way.

t f
0%