JCG Library

Healthcare & Education

JCG Library Jersey College for Girls moved from La Pouquelaye to its present site on Mont Millais in 1999 leaving behind an oak panelled library that was gifted to the school in the 1930’s. The old school building, which is listed and has been unoccupied for more than a decade, will be turned into housing and it was agreed as part of the £40 million pound redevelopment project that the historic library would be relocated to the new JCG School. The oak panels, carved mouldings and columns were painstakingly recorded, dismantled and then re-assembled in the new school. Skilled craftsmen adapted the historic joinery components to fit their new setting, and added carefully matched new ones only where necessary. The school is delighted with the project, saying: "….We are thrilled that generations of past, present and future students can once again enjoy this beautiful library…."

t f
0%